Millions of millennials are becoming entrenched in the U.S. workforce and the purchasing power of these young households is on the rise. The map below shows estimated average annual discretionary spending per millennial household (age 18 to 31) by CBSA market:
Source: DS$ (June 2012)
Millennial Household Discretionary Spending Ranking
Out of the top millennial markets, which markets have the highest estimated average annual discretionary spending per millennial household?
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV ($59,757)
- San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA ($57,227)
- New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA ($54,546)
- Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH ($53,290)
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA ($50,139)
Note: The tables above represent rankings within the top 100 millennial markets.
Want to learn more?
Contact your account rep or click here.