Many mortgage originators and servicers are struggling to determine which consumers have the financial capacity to take on new mortgage debt. Available metrics such as credit scores and income may quickly become out of date and may present an incomplete view of a borrower’s current financial situation.
IXI solutions for mortgage originators and servicers offer a set of robust economic measures that can be used to provide a clearer view of borrowers’ likely financial capacity, estimated total income, and ability to meet debt obligations throughout the mortgage lifecycle.
IXI Services Adds Insight Along the Mortgage Value Chain
Our solutions are based on a foundation of approximately $11 trillion in anonymized, directly measured consumer assets, gathered from over 95 leading banks, securities, and insurance firms. Using our wealth-based measures, mortgage executives, analysts, and point-of-contact representatives can better understand how much current capacity households might have to meet their mortgage obligations.
Improve Account Acquisition and Segmentation
Mortgage originators may benefit from IXI’s solutions to:
- Improve account acquisition by narrowing the prospect universe based on increased understanding of households’ estimated wealth, total income, aggregated credit utilization, and other wealth-based measures
- Better segment and target markets and households that may be more likely to have the financial capacity to take on mortgage debt with new insights on market-level wealth and credit analytics
- Perform reasonableness checks on borrower-reported income and assets to reduce fraud and repurchase risk
- Enhance targeting for online and offline prospecting programs
Enhance Portfolio Monitoring
Servicers can enhance portfolio monitoring by leveraging IXI’s solutions to:
- Better understand borrower financial capacity with estimated total income, credit utilization, and other wealth-based measures
- More quickly identify accounts that may be more likely to prepay or those that may benefit from early intervention